Please complete the eligibility requirements BEFORE the first event you attend in order to receive your Coach Credential.
Coach Requirements for the 2019-2020 Season
1.Eligibility ALL coaches (TJFS Regional Team Coaches, independent athlete coaches, and out of region athlete coaches) need to fulfill the following requirements in order to access the venue at TJFS events.
Level 100 or 200 Coach Certification:Current IFSA certification required.
IFSA Coach Membership: Coaches must present their IFSA Coach Membership number to receive the complimentary tickets (when provided by the mountain). Not all mountains guarantee complimentary tickets.
TJFS and resort Release of Liability Waivers: These need to be signed by each TJFS Regional Team Coach, look for an update on the 2021 signature process. Independent athlete coaches and out of region athlete coaches will also be required to sign TJFS and resort release of liability waivers.
2. Coach Training Information IFSA and TJFS coach training information is available to head coaches and directors to facilitate communication during staff meetings and pre-competition meetings. Individual coaches can also request, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a link. Recommendation: HEADS UP Concussion Coach Training is encouraged and more information can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html
3. Coach Credential Once a coach has completed eligibility, he/she will be issued a TJFS Coach Credential which must be worn on the venue and during the event.
4. Event Attendance Coaches MUST register for any IFSA-sanctioned Freeride event they plan to attend on The Driven. Links will be posted on the corresponding IFSA Event Page. Given the safety concerns related to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic, THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
5. Completion of the TJFS Coach Requirements allows:
Access to the venue for all TJFS Regional, IFSA National and/or FWQ events that are produced by TJFS|Tahoe Freeride. Coaches will not be allowed on the venue without a TJFS Coach Credential.
Complimentary coach ticket when/if coach tickets are provided by the mountain. Comp tickets will not be issued without a TJFS coach credential and are never transferrable to anyone.
6. Coach Tickets Issued Per Team are anticipated to be as follows: Two (2) complimentary coach tickets for 1-8 registered competitors. Three (3) complimentary coaches’ tickets for 9-16 registered competitors. Four (4) complimentary coaches’ tickets for 17-24 registered competitors, and so on.
Quick Links to Coach Requirements
Use the buttons to link to the required trainings and documents